Edit Content

Rent & Service Charges

Rent and Service Charges are set every year and calculated based on inflationary increases (rent) and actually repairs and maintenance cost for the previous year (service charges). 

You really must pay your rent and service charge. If you don’t then you may lose your home. If you’re having difficulty paying your rent please do let us know. The sooner you talk to us, the easier it will be for us to help you. We have a specialist team who can help you make the most of your money and any benefits you are entitled to.

At the start of your tenancy, you will be asked how you would prefer to pay your rent. You can change this payment method at any time by contacting us.

All Universal Credit (UC) claimants must notify Universal Credit of rent charges. You must provide your application and supporting documents to Universal Credit as and when requested.

If you are struggling with your Universal Credit application or claim, please speak to your housing officer

Check your entitlements with this benefit calculator. (

If you claim Housing Benefit, you need to provide a copy of your rent increase letter to your Local Authority and make sure your claim is updated to the correct amount for 2020/21.

Your tenancy agreement says whether your account is charged over 48 weeks or the standard 52 weeks. You cannot change from one to the other.

Require additional support?

Get in touch with MYSHON and speak directly to a member of our team if you require further assistance.