Edit Content

Money & Benefits Advice

Every year Rent & Service Charges are set, and are calculated based on inflationary increases (rent) and actual repairs & maintenance cost for the previous year (service charges).

You must pay your Rent & Service Charge, as you may lose your home if you don’t. If you’re having issues or difficulty paying your rent, please let us know. The sooner you speak to us, the easier it will be for us to provide you with help. Our specialist team can help you make the most out of your money & benefits that you are entitled to.

At the start of your tenancy, you will be asked how you would prefer to pay your rent. You can change this payment method at any time by contacting us.

You can pay by phone, or direct from your bank account.

All Universal Credit (UC) claimants must notify Universal Credit of rent charges. You must provide your application and supporting documents to Universal Credit as and when requested.

If you are struggling with your Universal Credit application or claim, please speak to your housing officer

Check your entitlements with this benefit calculator. (

If you claim Housing Benefit, you need to provide a copy of your rent increase letter to your Local Authority and make sure your claim is updated to the correct amount for 2020/21.

Your tenancy agreement says whether your account is charged over 48 weeks or the standard 52 weeks. You cannot change from one to the other.

Require additional support?

Get in touch with MYSHON and speak directly to a member of our team if you require further assistance.